Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

DAM asset deletion popup issue

Level 2

Hi Team,

Whenever I am trying to delete an asset in particular DAM folder, a popup saying "One or more item(s) has local references and/or activated.". When I actually checked References of asset it's "Local References(0)". I observed that this is happening only in this particular folder and in all other folder, when ever I am trying to delete it works fine. Please enlighten me with your ideas.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @GiriBabu 

It also says about Asset being activated, can you please check ?

- Deactivate the asset

- Delete the asset

To verify any reference, please execute following query:

select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [nt:base] as a where contains(*, '/content/dam/wknd-shared/en/activities/skiing/skitouring.jpg') and isdescendantnode(a, '/content') option(index tag [wcmReferenceSearch]) 

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @GiriBabu 

It also says about Asset being activated, can you please check ?

- Deactivate the asset

- Delete the asset

To verify any reference, please execute following query:

select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [nt:base] as a where contains(*, '/content/dam/wknd-shared/en/activities/skiing/skitouring.jpg') and isdescendantnode(a, '/content') option(index tag [wcmReferenceSearch]) 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 1

Hello! Could you please tell me how this was resolved? I get the same error message, but when I move forward in the deletion or move process, it appears it is not referenced anywhere. But it still makes me nervous at times to proceed. Thank you!

Level 2

@ATucker002 Solution is in statement itself,  "One or more item(s) has local references and/or activated." which means either the asset has references AND/OR it is activated. Assuming you are deleting the asset which is activated.