Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Customizing Page Properties in Classic UI - AEM 6.5.5

Level 3

Hi All,

Please share pointers/links over customizing Page Properties for Classic UI in aem 6.5.5.

I need to create a new tab with fields. Touch UI - I know already. 

Thanks,

Parvathy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Parvathy_C 

Unlike the Touch UI, Class UI dialog does not support resource merge. Once you create a classic dialog, it will override the parent(sling:resourceSuperType) dialog completely. You can do two things.

1. Completely copy the classic dialog from parent(sling:resourceSuperType) and paste in under current Template rendering Component and add your tab.
  2. Use xtype as include to each of the parent tabs and point to parent tab (see image below) and add your tab

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 5.30.18 PM.png

Check /libs/foundation/components/page/dialog/items/tabs/items/basic for how to include tab in classic ui.

-AG

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Parvathy_C 

Unlike the Touch UI, Class UI dialog does not support resource merge. Once you create a classic dialog, it will override the parent(sling:resourceSuperType) dialog completely. You can do two things.

1. Completely copy the classic dialog from parent(sling:resourceSuperType) and paste in under current Template rendering Component and add your tab.
  2. Use xtype as include to each of the parent tabs and point to parent tab (see image below) and add your tab

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 5.30.18 PM.png

Check /libs/foundation/components/page/dialog/items/tabs/items/basic for how to include tab in classic ui.

-AG