Expand my Community achievements bar.

Customize workflow screen

Level 2

Hi, 

I would like to know if it is possible to customize the workflow start screen on AEM . I would like to add a drop down field to capture some information regarding the workflow ? 

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 3.46.51 PM.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @RG_AEM ,

Can you please try to overlay below node and add your dropdown node?

/libs/cq/gui/content/common/managepublicationwizard/body/items/form/items/wizard/items/workflows/items/fixedColumnContainer/items/fixedColumn/items/schedule/items

Level 2

Hi @Kishore_Kumar_ 

Do you mean the below path ? I have tried the above CRX node path but it does not work. However i tried to all the below path and it shows the dropdown but it does not store this dropdown value at /var/workflow/instances/. Any pointers?

/libs/cq/gui/content/common/startbulkworkflows/body/items/form/items/wizard/items/properties/items/fixedColumnContainer/items/fixedColumn/items

Community Advisor

Hi @RG_AEM 

As we can start workflow from different places, you need to overlay these files to fix this at all places

• /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/workflow/startworkflow
  • /libs/wcm/core/content/coral/common/createworkflowdialog

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Dipti

Community Advisor

Hi @RG_AEM,

Is it possible for you to share the use case that we are trying to achieve with captured value/ where exactly we need to access the captured dropdown field value.

Level 2

Hi @Vijayalakshmi_S 

This is to capture what type of Changes were made to the page like "Image Update" or "Copy update" and etc , so we can generate a report on workflows.