Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Customize Sites.html in Touch UI

Community Advisor

Hi All

Recently I was interacting with few of authors who were for the very first time going to use the Touch UI . One of the questions which was raised in the session was, "How do I know if the content is published or not". Obviously we have a column which specifies that against each page in the list view. But what they were looking at was a more user friendly view . Something like the green and amber color coding we had in classic UI.

My question to you guys is , if I plan to customize the sites.html and try to bring such a user experience, how to approach the same. How can I customize the existing site admin pages ? Can I restrict that to a particular content tree ?

1288648_pastedImage_0.png

TIA

Veena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If the page is published, the published Column will be updated and shows time - as discussed in this AEM topic:

Publishing Pages

Its not recommend to override this and its not supported. That is, if you break something - this is not covered under support.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

If the page is published, the published Column will be updated and shows time - as discussed in this AEM topic:

Publishing Pages

Its not recommend to override this and its not supported. That is, if you break something - this is not covered under support.

Community Advisor

Thanks for reply Diego . I am aware of Classic UI customization. I would need to do some kind of customization in Touch UI

Community Advisor

Thanks Scott. So a customization in that level is not recommended right ?

Level 10

No - like i said - if it breaks something else - support  typically does not support overriding the AEM UI like this. I would recommend getting used to the new functionality as oppsed to trying to make it look like Classic UI.

Community Advisor

Sure . That helps. I can convey the same to the editors.