Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom widget(xtype) not loading in AEM 6.1-Touch UI

Level 1

Hi,

I have created a custom  multifield widget  in AEM 5.6.1  and using that in one of the component.

It was working fine in AEM 5.6.1 .Now the environment is upgraded to AEM 6.1

If i try to access the dialog through AEM 6.1 Touch UI, the custom widget has stopped loading and logs an error as below.

Uncaught cannot create Component: xtype 'TagCrumbWidgetDropDown' not found and no default supplied

But if i try to access the dialog in AEM 6.1 Classic UI ,the custom widget(xtype) is loading  and working perfectly.

Should i have to change the implementation to create a custom widget(using granite UI) in AEM 6.1

How can i make my custom widget to load in AEM 6.1-Touch UI ?

Thanks,

Vinay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
8 Replies

Level 4

I believe what I had to do to make this work was change the category of the clientlib containing my custom xtypes to "cq.widgets"

Correct answer by
Level 10

Level 3

Hi,

We have similar requirement , where we have a field called "id" having custom xtype as randomNumber. In Classic it is working fine but in Touch we are facing similar issue which you highlighted above.

So to follow your solution we created a new clientlib folder and placed our custom xtype under it

TouchUICore [nt:folder]

custom xtype

categories - cq:widgets

sling:resouceType - widgets\clientlib

jcr:primaryType - cq:ClientLibraryFolder

and added <cq:includeClientLib categories="cq.widgets" /> in our page template.
But it is not picking the custom code.

I also viewed the example given in the link but no luck. It will be very helpful if  you please guide us the steps.

Regards,

Sh.

Level 6

Hi, 

Not sure if you are able to make the touch UI working with custom xtype. Can you share what you have to do?

I try to follow this example

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-touchui-xtypes.html

but realize it did in dialog instead of cq:dialog.

Thanks.

Level 10

You SHOULD not use a custom xtype in a touch UI dialog. A custom xtype is for classic ui dialog, 

Instead of using a custom xtype when working in the touch UI - you want to create a custom sling resource type to get a custom field in a touch UI dialog. See this article as an example --

http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2017/02/creating-custom-experience-manager.html

Hope this helps....

Level 9

It means there is no solution to upgrade custom widget (ext js) to touch ui?? or no process around that??

Level 10

You can use a custom xtype in a TOuch UI dialog - but is much better to use Granite/Coral Resource Types in a TOuch UI component dialog.

Level 9

above document i went through but it did not explain how i can use because once i created touchUI dialog using xtype, its not working. Now looking for any approach to make it work without writing same xtype again using coral/granite api.