Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Custom thumbnail in scene 7 video player

Level 2

Hi Team,

poster image is set for custom thumbnail in scene7 player config, and we are able to see the expected thumbnail for a while on page refresh, but after some time this custom thumbnail is not visible on the video, how to resolve this problem.

ankitv12295055_0-1599484123876.png

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ankitv12295055,

Can you confirm if the path set in the posterimage property is resolved with respect to serverurl property. 

Also, can you try giving hardcoded image path directly and observe the behavior.

Thanks Vijyalakshmi, Path is being resolved and in my local machine same image is working fine as thumbnail but on some another machine same url is taking first frame of video after showing the expected image for a while.

Community Advisor

Hi @ankitv12295055,

Thanks for sharing the URL to check. It works fine for me, tried in Chrome and Firefox.

Couple of things to check

Level 2

Hi Vijayalakshmi,

if we inspect the page, a network call goes automatically which cause removing of posterimage below is the screenshot.

ankitv12295055_0-1600166331933.png

Level 2
HI @kautuk_sahni, this is not an answer, I have shared the URL in which thumbnail problem is there.