Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Custom search in AEM 6.3

Level 2

Hi,

I want to search the CRX (cq:Page and not DAM) based on some property like jcr:content/someId . How can it be acheived via the AEM search console. This functionality is to be given to non-technical people so that they can use it for searching pages with some particular someId.

Please share steps to implement such a solution and also how can it be tested.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mayur

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Mayur,

Get in touch with your UI team and come up with a Mock HTML. Meanwhile , work on the usecases you need , like what you want to search, how the search should work, make all the decisions (I believe you already have an idea on what to develop) and once the HTML is ready you can start developing the page as you do a normal web page development. Is there something else you are specifically looking for ?

Thanks

Veena

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Mayur

For any non technical person to search a content in AEM, the best approach you can take is to develop a custom search page. You can provide him search bar or text boxes depending upon you requirement . It is always best to give a GUI to a user who is non technical and has no knowledge of AEM.

Thanks

Veena

Employee

Hi Mayur,

Are you looking for customizing search on author?

If yes, please refer: Search Facets

Cheers,

Abhishek

Level 2

Hi ,

I want to give seach abitliy to non technical people who will be creating content. Is there a way to customize search facets so that they search on a custom property say pageId ?

thanks,

Mayur

Employee

Have you checked the doc - https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/assets/usin

It's easy to configure search facet mapped to custom property (non-technical people can also do it). However, for any query performance tuning activity for a custom property, technical people will be required to configure the indexes.

Regards,

Abhishek

Level 2

Hi Abhishek,

The above applies only to Assets. The requirement is to search for pages.

Thanks,

Mayur

Level 10

Veena provided you the correct response. You need to create a custom search PAGE that can query page information. You can use the QueryBuilder API to perform the searches.

Level 2

Ok. Are there steps to create a custom search page on author server ?

Any help will be appreciated

Level 10

First, do you know how to use AEM QueryBuilder API within a custom Service?

Employee

Mayur, Serach Forms can be used for site pages as well.

Navigate to Search forms and customize the site Admin Search Rail.

SearchForms.JPG

Once Search form is updated, it can be used in sites console under Filters section. And it works for site pages as well.

Site page serach.JPG

Level 2

Yes . The link Implementing a Custom Predicate Evaluator for the Query Builder  is helpful for that.

I want to know if there is any other way to build a custom search as mentioned by Veena

Thanks,

Mayur

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Mayur,

Get in touch with your UI team and come up with a Mock HTML. Meanwhile , work on the usecases you need , like what you want to search, how the search should work, make all the decisions (I believe you already have an idea on what to develop) and once the HTML is ready you can start developing the page as you do a normal web page development. Is there something else you are specifically looking for ?

Thanks

Veena

Level 10

I am not sure why you are complicating it.

Treat it as one of the configuration page. Build a search component, (should be able to leverage from OOTB)

Put it on a template for author. Restrict the access to it and don't publish this page.

Thanks