Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Custom RSS Feed causing memory issue

Level 3

A custom RSS feed gets regenerated with a scheduler which runs everyday to fetch updates of latest content. It does not use a workflow for any generation. These are simple xml files with custom rss template defined, saved at /content/*/Feed.xml. The scheduler runs on Publish instances. These xml files are getting saved at /mnt/tmp directory which is causing disk space issues on publish, where, for a certain period, the size of /mnt/tmp is going beyond 20 GB. How/Why are these xml files getting saved at /mnt/tmp directory? AEM v6.3.2.2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

can you check what directory is used as directory for temporary files? It's either specified by the system property "java.io.tmpdir" or by environment variables.

I think that these RSS files are created initially on disk in temporary files and then copied into the repository, but not properly closed on the filesystem.

Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

In your thread title - you said this is a custom RSS feed. Is this a custom service generating these files?

Level 3

Yes, it is a custom service that was built to generate these files.

Level 10

Is your custom service persisting the XML files at the specified JCR location?

Level 3

Yes, the path to JCR location is pre-defined, when the scheduler runs, the saved xml gets updated along with jcr:lastModified property, filename+".xml/jcr:content/renditions/original/jcr:content"

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

can you check what directory is used as directory for temporary files? It's either specified by the system property "java.io.tmpdir" or by environment variables.

I think that these RSS files are created initially on disk in temporary files and then copied into the repository, but not properly closed on the filesystem.

Jörg

Level 3

Thanks.

java -XshowSettings showed the java.io.tmpdir path

My service was creating binary files in tmp dir and later adding it to the node. But I forgot to delete the tmp files after.