Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Custom Replication agent on Adobe cloud

Community Advisor

Hi ,

I have requirement to create replication agent for akamai to purge the cache on Adobe cloud.

But Adobe cloud  have removed replication agent is there any way to integrate aem with akamai .

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/release-notes/aem-c...

Kr,

Sanjay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Sanjay_Bangar ,

This job you only need if you want to clear the Akamai anytime as per your need. Just by triggering the job will clear the akamai cache. I am not sure about the steps in cloud manager but this as I am aware of doing it in Jenkins. In this case You need to contact your devops / admin team who manage  CI-CD  deployment process . 

But, your requirement will be done by adding the config workflow process based on url or CP code ( as mentioned in the steps in link). It will clear the akamai cache on every page / content activation.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @Sanjay_Bangar ,
There is no OOTB configuration way to connect AEM cloud with akamai. To achieve what your requirement is, you can set your expiration header correctly on AEM/dispatcher and the you can configure Akamai to use your AEM as origin and configure it to accept the expiration dates provided by AEM/dispatcher. You dont have to do any code customization to achieve this.

Community Advisor

Hi @Anish-Sinha 

Could  you please tell me more how to do that.

Kr,

Sanjay

Community Advisor

Hi @Anish-Sinha ,

I wanted to know how to configure Akamai to use your origin.

Kr,

Sanjay

Employee Advisor

There is a way on Akamai where cache invalidates by reading the header. Please go through this article: https://techdocs.akamai.com/api-gateway/docs/caching

read the section "Downstream caching"

Level 3

Hi @Sanjay_Bangar,
Rather creating a separate replication agent of Akamai flush, whenever any content gets published automatically the Akamai also will be cleared based on URL or CP code. You can follow below link details:

https://ravipampana.blogspot.com/2020/06/aem-integration-with-akamai-fast-purge.html

Now, if you want any to have a separate job you can setup that job in cloud manager deployment pipeline based on CP code. 

Community Advisor

Hi @tb1687196 ,

Could you please elaborate how to setup separate job ...you mean create another branch and deployed to the Adobe cloud.

Also did you get any analyser error for importing akamai dependency on Adobe cloud.

Kr,

Sanjay

Kr,

Sanjay

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Sanjay_Bangar ,

This job you only need if you want to clear the Akamai anytime as per your need. Just by triggering the job will clear the akamai cache. I am not sure about the steps in cloud manager but this as I am aware of doing it in Jenkins. In this case You need to contact your devops / admin team who manage  CI-CD  deployment process . 

But, your requirement will be done by adding the config workflow process based on url or CP code ( as mentioned in the steps in link). It will clear the akamai cache on every page / content activation.