Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Custom publish page button next to Edit in Edit mode

Level 4

Hi, 

I would like to add a Publish Page button next to the Edit Button on top right side of the header in Edit mode of a page. 
Can this be achieved by overriding? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SHIBANI06 : You can achieve this by overlay.

Go to this path :

/libs/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar/items/pageinfopopover

under this items/list/items you can see publish node. You can copy the publish node to parallell to parent node pageinfopopover.

then go to the publish node and right click and select overlay node. once its overlayed under the /apps/ just go to publish node and add property align , variant and granite:class as below.

SivakumarKanoori_1-1679029578230.png

then it shows the publish page option and which is publishing properly when click on that .

SivakumarKanoori_0-1679029518386.png

Thanks,

Siva

Thanks,
Siva

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Yes, this can be achieved with overlay

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Can we do it for Rollout as well ? Could you pls let me know the steps if possible as the overlaid rollout is not showing up in my editor page.

Level 2

You can achieve this by overlaying  /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/actions/publish.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SHIBANI06 : You can achieve this by overlay.

Go to this path :

/libs/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar/items/pageinfopopover

under this items/list/items you can see publish node. You can copy the publish node to parallell to parent node pageinfopopover.

then go to the publish node and right click and select overlay node. once its overlayed under the /apps/ just go to publish node and add property align , variant and granite:class as below.

SivakumarKanoori_1-1679029578230.png

then it shows the publish page option and which is publishing properly when click on that .

SivakumarKanoori_0-1679029518386.png

Thanks,

Siva

Thanks,
Siva

Level 4

Thanks for the detailed explanation. This should work for custom project pages as well right? Im not sure why it isn't working for me.
Is this correct? Also before overlaying, we have to copy the publish node and paste under this path ? 
OverLay_publish.png

Community Advisor

@SHIBANI06 Dont overlay the pageinfopopover , overlay only publish node

Thanks,
Siva

Level 4

@SivakumarKanoori  Could you please tell me if rollout feature can also be done in the same way ? I think some extra steps would be needed to achieve the same for rollout.