Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Custom Namespace to custom Metadata

Level 1

Hey, 

I created custom metadata fields and when I tried to update these fields and click the Save & Close button, the following error is encountered:

"Unable to edit properties Insufficient permissions"

I added the namespace to my OSGI config to deploy into higher environments, the changes are working as expected when added manually but when deployed through code, am getting the above mentioned error.

I don't see anything specific in the error log except for a warning

"09.06.2023 17:13:27.353 [cm-p71202-e759345-aem-author-7c7f74c6c6-kzqv8] *WARN* [165.225.216.115 [1686330806785] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.external.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.page.PageImpl page at /conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension does not have a jcr:content childresource
09.06.2023 17:13:27.355 [cm-p71202-e759345-aem-author-7c7f74c6c6-kzqv8] *WARN* [165.225.216.115 [1686330806785] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.external.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.page.PageImpl page at /conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension does not have a jcr:content childresource"

Please suggest.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually when you create a custom metadata fir assets in aem it saved at conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension. Since your log suggest that it doesn’t have the jcr:content Child resource, I suspect that on prod you don’t have custom metadata created. Can you please check if custom metadata node is there or not 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually when you create a custom metadata fir assets in aem it saved at conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension. Since your log suggest that it doesn’t have the jcr:content Child resource, I suspect that on prod you don’t have custom metadata created. Can you please check if custom metadata node is there or not 

Community Advisor

Hello @poojakolati 

From the logs, it appears there is a mismatch between types/strcuture.

Please validate the type of node  /conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension. Also, next validate the structure that exists on healthy environment, in code and whats getting created on target environment,

Aanchal Sikka