Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Metadata is not appearing in AEM Cloud environment

Level 9

My custom Metadata is not appearing in the AEM Cloud environment. I have created custom metadata schemas and want to install them through the cloud manager pipeline. I kept all the changes in below location

ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root/conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension/metadataschema

It is properly deployed in my local AEM SDK and I could see all my metadata schemas  but when I installed the same code in AEM cloud, I didn't see the metadata schema at all. I tried to see what is installed but I don't see any nodes inside /conf (even being administrator). 

Mario248_0-1678985315798.png

Can anyone tell where it is working in the local AEM SDK and why it is not working in the AEM cloud? Do I need to do anything special to make it work in the AEM cloud ?

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi @Mario248 

To troubleshoot the issue of custom metadata not appearing in AEM Cloud, you need to check permissions, replication, and indexing. First, ensure that the user has the necessary permissions to view and access the custom metadata schema properties, and that they have been added to the appropriate groups. Second, check if the custom metadata schema has been properly replicated to all AEM Cloud environments and that the replication status is successful. Lastly, check if the custom metadata schema has been properly indexed by AEM, and that the indexing status is successful.

Level 9

1 - ensure that the user has the necessary permissions to view and access the custom metadata schema properties - yes, I am part of administrator group hence I have full access but still I can not see custom metadata schema

2 - Check if the custom metadata schema has been properly replicated to all AEM Cloud environments - How to check this as crxde is not enabled in stage and prod. I used to repository browser but /conf is not having any nodes. 

3 - Check replication status is successful - Why do I need to check replication status as metadata schema I am checking in author instance.

4. check if the custom metadata schema has been properly indexed by AEM - Interesting, I have not checked this before. Can you tell how to check the status of index and if not indexed how to do index?

Level 9

yeah, it worked in dev. The problem is only with stage 

Community Advisor

@Mario248 

Have you tried deploying the code in dev (non-prod) instance?
You have the access to crx/de in non-prod instances. Hence, if you deploy code in non-prod instance, you will be able to see these in the crx/de.

I hope it helps.