Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

custom index for date

Level 3

Hello

I basically want to create a custom index where in I want to run a query on entire repository ("/content" for example) and take only nodes (pages/contents) between two different dates.

Right now, its traversing the entire repository, can a custom index on date reduce, if so how can I do that ?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Use Oak Utilities : Index Definition Generator  to generate appropriate index per your query

Tweak the index, if required per Jackrabbit Oak – Lucene Index 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Use Oak Utilities : Index Definition Generator  to generate appropriate index per your query

Tweak the index, if required per Jackrabbit Oak – Lucene Index 

Level 10

In addition to Gaurav response - for those reading this thread and wanting to know more about Indexing - please watch this GEMS session - Best Practices for Indexing and Queries in AEM

Level 3

thanks both,

how about new contents which got created, do they automatically be added in index or a reindex is needed everytime ?

Level 10
Use 'nrt' for same or otherwise manually reindex based on your use case. 
- async = ['async', 'nrt']

Try to go through the docs to understand how it works - Jackrabbit Oak – Indexing