Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom html structure in page component

Level 2

Hi all,

I am working on AEMaaCS and need to make some changes to the page component. Basically I have to add some html structure to the footer section of the page component. My proxy page component is referring to the v3 of Page component. As per my understanding, following code in footer.html is rendering my footer XF inside of the footer tag:

<sly data-sly-list="${page.htmlPageItems}"><script data-sly-test="${item.location.name == 'footer'}"

data-sly-element="${item.element.name @ context='unsafe'}" data-sly-attribute="${item.attributes}"></script>

</sly>

Writing my code after this creates the following structure:

<body class="basicpage">

<script>...</script>

<div class="body-wrapper">

<div class="root container responsivegrid">

... ... ...

<header>...</header>

<main>...</main>

</footer>my footer XF</footer>

... ..

</div

</div>

<script>....</script>

<div> My custom html code</div>

</body>

I want my code to be added right after the <footer> tag or inside the <footer> resulting in the following structure:

<body class="basicpage">

<script>...</script>

... ... ...

<header>...</header>

<main>...</main>

... ..

</div

</div>

<script>....</script>

</body>

Is there a way to make changes in my proxy page component for this requirement?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @99spanchal ,

Best practice is to refer v3 page component and copy paste required html (footer in your case) into your own proxied component and make changes there accordingly.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 5.31.24 PM.png

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @99spanchal ,

Best practice is to refer v3 page component and copy paste required html (footer in your case) into your own proxied component and make changes there accordingly.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 5.31.24 PM.png

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 2

Hi @SantoshSai 

Thanks for you response. I tried that, but it still adds my custom html code outside <div class="body-wrapper"> and not right after the <footer>. Following is the structure I get:

<body class="basicpage">

<script>...</script>

... ... ...

<header>...</header>

<main>...</main>

... ..

</div

</div>

<script>....</script>

The requirement is to add it right after the <footer>, meaning inside the <class="body-wrapper">

Level 3

Can you try once by stopping the aem-precompileompiled-scripts bundle? If it works then I think this needs to be reported to Adobe. I'm also facing a similar issue where I'm trying to load a 3rd party script inside the <head> after overriding head.html from v3/page but it doesn't work because the htl scripts are pre-compiled. My script is injected properly when I stop the bundle, but that's not a solution for Prod.

Please see this for reference (I have posted a question on how to achieve this in Prod): https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-as-cloud-page-componen...