Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Custom components title and internal text not changing on language translator aem 6.5

Level 2

Hi all, 

I am new to Aem , am currently using aem 6.5 version. We have few pages with custom components in it , when we translate the pages to Spanish everything changing except the title of custom component and the internal text of it . For example my custom component is having fields like start date , end date, title of reservation , everything on the page which are ootb components are changing correctly except these . We have i18n properties set up as well still it’s not working . Sorry if am not correctly presenting the question I can come up with screenshot to be more precise. 

6 Replies

Level 1

Please have a look translation rules. Check whether the fields are available in the translation rules or not

/conf/global/settings/translation/rules/translation_rules.xml

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/translation/translation-rules...

Level 2

Hi bkkurian we have two kinds of pages es_us and en_ca …en_us is Spanish and en_ca is French everything under es_us is translating properly without any issue the same page in Spanish is not working , there are no translation rules or properties set for the French pages. Do you still think that translation rules needed for this?

Level 1

Please check the Advance tab in the properties.  You can set the "Language" Option to Spanish and give it a try.

Community Advisor

@Itsmevink can you please provide more details like, what are properties names for which translation not working, screenshot from crxde and how are we translating them? Any live copy, language copy involved? Are you getting any launches in between I'm translation projects?