Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom carousel component is not deleting items when deleting via dialog

Level 4

Hi again,

Just got a query.
I have a custom carousel component in which I used the core carousel as a resourceSuperType (core/wcm/components/carousel/v1/carousel).
I run into an issue in which when I tried to author the custom carousel by adding a custom component, when I tried to delete it via Custom Carousel's dialog, it can't be deleted and it would rearranged the items inside the carousel. Items can be deleted when I navigate to content tree, selecting the carousel item and deleting it from there.

In what way I can debug this issue as the logs don't show any errors when deleting an item and I can't replicate it on my local. Only on the higher environments.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this in order to debug:

- Locally, deploy the same code version in the environment where the issue is present

- Locally, use the same content where the issue is reproducible (at least page)

- Try to reproduce the issue using the ootb carousel component (to discard it is not an ootb issue), in both your local and higher environment

- Check if there are any javascript issues by inspecting the browser console, this should give you a clue of what's going on.

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @LyonMartin ,

Please give us more insight about that. I assumed you don't have any JS or Java errors. Please confirm.

And have you overwrite the dialog property? If so please run make sure you properly maintain the dialog structure.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this in order to debug:

- Locally, deploy the same code version in the environment where the issue is present

- Locally, use the same content where the issue is reproducible (at least page)

- Try to reproduce the issue using the ootb carousel component (to discard it is not an ootb issue), in both your local and higher environment

- Check if there are any javascript issues by inspecting the browser console, this should give you a clue of what's going on.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 1

The same happens to me. I tried if OOTB carousel and seem to have the same problem. Did you find a way to fix it? Or confirmed it's an AEM bug expected to be officially solved by Adobe?