Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Custom authoring using scaffolding in 6.5

Level 3

I'm working on a project that I think was originally created in 6.3. I don't think everything was fully updated to work in 6.5. They had some custom authoring forms for managing some assets stored in /etc/assets/[project] using scaffolding and some overlays. For some reason they work in the dev, UAT, and Stage servers but not in my local instance. I have upgraded my local instance to 6.5.9 to match the versions running on dev and uat. The editors do not work in my local for some reason. I can place the URL in the address but a blank page is displayed instead of the list of assets or the asset settings.

Are there patches I need to apply? 

2 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @RobertHarper,

Unfortunately your query doesnot contain all the related data to come to a conclusion. If the code works for 6.3 it should work for 6.5 as well. Can you please let me know the below details:

1. Is your bundle/s active?
  2. What error are you getting in the logs?
  3. Did you check if the code has any deprecated API's used?

Please share if you have any additional useful info to understand the issue.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam

Level 3

1. I am testing on my local author instance, so it should be.

2. 16.11.2021 10:40:19.459 *ERROR* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1637084408284] GET /myapp/articles.html/etc/assets/[project]/articles HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.apache.jsp.libs.granite.ui.components.shell.collectionpage.collectionpage_jsp._jspService(collectionpage_jsp.java:1152)
at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725) [org.apache.felix.http.servlet-api:1.1.2]
at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:502)
at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:449)

3. I'm not sure. It is all done with scaffolding and configuration. I'm not aware of any code behind. The stack trace doesn't have any packages in our code base.

It is possible that the whole scaffolding structure is deprecated. It looks like the default is. The thing I don't understand is why it works on the qa and uat servers but not on my local.