Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CUG

Level 6

Hi Team,

Followed many articles about CUG but still one point is not clear.

Scenario:

My website is live and have some Customer area which can be viewed only after user authentication. This user authentication happens using some third party tool.

Is CUG used in this case? As I read., to configure CUG, we must add AEM group/user in Permission TAB of a Page "S" and then after when we hit page S, it redirects to login page.

Now problem comes here: 

In My website, There are thousands user created (Not in AEM, but with different authentication server)and logging using Third party authentication. Now, when any website user access that page S (before login), user will be prompted to login Page as per CUG concept.

But how it is possible? because website user is different from user created in AEM instance for CUG.

I am sure my CUG basics or real use is not clear.

In Other words:

I just need a small clarification, as per my requirement, my users do not exist in AEM. I am using third party REST services to validate the authenticity of login.

Would it be possible to restrict the anonymous users (the users who are not logged into the website) to see the protected pages content by using the Closed User Groups? If yes, would it need any extra configurations/code?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can SAML authentication for this. use external IDP for authentication and authorization.

Use Permission sensitive caching to deliver cached page.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can SAML authentication for this. use external IDP for authentication and authorization.

Use Permission sensitive caching to deliver cached page.

Arun Patidar