Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

CUG policy on tags? 6.3 vs 6.4?

Level 4

I love the way CUGs for pages were implemented with 6.3. This was exactly what my project needed that we were struggling with in 6.2 and how we were able to convince the company to let us upgrade.

Unfortunately, we're facing issues with setting permissions on tags in 6.3. I'm having to set tag-based permissions by tag folder in useradmin. These permissions are exclusive, although I don't believe it worked that way in 6.2.

We're using Asset Share Commons as a base for managing restricted content across multiple user groups. The content restrictions work wonderfully, but the tagging is a headache. If have a user in two groups with access to different tag folders, the restrictions cancel the tag folders out and my user sees no tags. I either have to make a custom user group or assign that user different tag permissions explicitly. Plus I have to set these tag permissions on each of my publish instances for each user group or user or however it winds up to get things working.

I haven't seen anything from 6.4, but can someone tell me if CUGs have been updated to apply to tags in 6.4? Or provide any information on CUG management or tag management changes between 6.3 and 6.4?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks! I managed to look at this is 6.4, and because tags are now under content, you can add CUG policies to tag folders!

You have to do it through CRXDE after adding the mixin rep:CugMixin to the node you want to apply the CUG to. After that, you can create a cug policy node under the cug mixin node -- jcr:primaryType { Name } - rep:CugPolicy and rep:principalNames {String : multi } - group name.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

I think you might need to include /etc/tags in the CUG configuration in 6.3

Given tags have been moved to /content/cq:tags in 6.4, you might need to adjust that as well.

(1) : http://HOST:PORT/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.authorization.cug.i...

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks! I managed to look at this is 6.4, and because tags are now under content, you can add CUG policies to tag folders!

You have to do it through CRXDE after adding the mixin rep:CugMixin to the node you want to apply the CUG to. After that, you can create a cug policy node under the cug mixin node -- jcr:primaryType { Name } - rep:CugPolicy and rep:principalNames {String : multi } - group name.