Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CUG doesn't work on restricting permissions for a specific page

Level 4

Hi all,

I have a page and this page is by default accessible by all those users who were given permissions for /content/my-website node.

Now I would want to restrict viewing this one page under /content/my-website/---/test/ to only a set of users present in the user group. I added this group to CUGs on that page. 

Now does this page take up CUG first or it would still be viewable to all who has access to /content/my-website node?

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kirthim 

Closed User Groups (CUGs) limit access to specific pages that reside within a published internet site. Such pages require the assigned members to log in and provide security credentials.

The setup can be found here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/security/cug.html?lang=e...

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kirthim 

Closed User Groups (CUGs) limit access to specific pages that reside within a published internet site. Such pages require the assigned members to log in and provide security credentials.

The setup can be found here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/security/cug.html?lang=e...

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam

Community Advisor

When CUG permission is applied to the parent node, all child nodes are also restricted, and if other permissions are applied to the child page, this will take precedence.

So in your case, users with permission to the groups added at /content/my-website/---/test/ will access this page not the one applied at /content/my-website.

Arun Patidar

Level 4

@arunpatidar , thanks! So this means that even though some users have permissions at the root level, if one of the child pages has CUGs defined, the CUG permissions will alone apply? Do I get this right?

Also, does this work for an unpublished page on author?