Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

CSS changes for the Geometrixx site aren't reflected?

Level 4

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get changes to the static.css file in the Geometrixx site to be reflected. I'm experimenting with simple styling changes to the header and footer, but changes are not reflected when I save the static.css file, and refresh the pages using the sidekick refresh tab. This is on a 5.6.1 installation. How do I get CSS changes to be reflected in AEM when styling components??? I've made the changes both under /etc/designs/Geometrixx, and also copied the file to the /apps/Geometrixx/components/clientlibs, and added it to css.txt, but nothing seems to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I tried this on 6.1 and it seems to be working. Make a change in this (/etc/designs/geometrixx/static.css) file example at line 2 "width: 1000px;" to "width: 100px;" and open the page "http://localhost:9000/content/geometrixx/en/products.html"
Please clear AEM and browser cache.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Are you looking to change the styling of any specific geometixx site? please share name

Level 4

Yes. The regular Geometrixx site. Not Geometrixx-mobile, or Geometrixx-outdoors, just the regular Geometrixx site. As a matter of fact, I always have trouble getting any CSS to work with custom components unless it's inline CSS.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I tried this on 6.1 and it seems to be working. Make a change in this (/etc/designs/geometrixx/static.css) file example at line 2 "width: 1000px;" to "width: 100px;" and open the page "http://localhost:9000/content/geometrixx/en/products.html"
Please clear AEM and browser cache.

Thanks

Level 4

Thanks, but what's the best way to clear the cache? I'm doing this in 5.6.1, not 6.1. I may try it in 6.1 too.

Level 10

Delete project specific folder under /var/clientlibs/etc/designs. It will remove cached JS/CSS for that project

Level 10

Any CSS / JS change may need a browser cache clear if its enabled. Clearing the browser cache should work most of the time