Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Slinglog - How to get file name of Logger

Level 2

Hi

I am trying to get the file name configured for the logger under /system/console/slinglog in my java application. for e.g. log.history is to mapped to "logs/history.log" so I want to get the "logs/history.log" if I provide "log.history"

Thanks in advance for taking time and helping! 

Thanks

Basheer

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Use the configAdmin service and  do something like

configAdmin.listConfigurations("org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config.*");

to find all log configurations. Then you have a logging configurations available in the system.

I haven't tested it, but it should work.

But: I cannot think of any reason, why you want to do it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Use the configAdmin service and  do something like

configAdmin.listConfigurations("org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config.*");

to find all log configurations. Then you have a logging configurations available in the system.

I haven't tested it, but it should work.

But: I cannot think of any reason, why you want to do it.

Level 2

Thanks for the response. I tried last night the same option and it worked. Filter string within listConfigurations method is little different as below.

configAdmin.listConfigurations("(service.pid=org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config.*)")

The reason is why I want to do this is I am trying to read the history.log file for the events