Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

crx/packmgr/update.jsp 404

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I run into an issue with crx/packmgr/update.jsp. I try to update my package using python and requests.

params_aempage = {

'groupName': group_name,

'packageName': package_aempage,

'path': '/etc/packages/{0}/{1}.zip'.format(group_name, package_aempage),

'filter': json.dumps(cq_list),

'_charset_': 'utf-8'

}

url_update = 'my_url/crx/packmgr/update.jsp'

response = requests.get(url_update, data=json.dumps(params_aempage), headers=headers)

I receive 415 error,I understand why this error occur because  json file which I try to send can be large.

However when change method get to be post  I get 404 . So I have now Idea how I can avoid it.What can you recommend?

Thank you.

15 Replies

Level 10

Checking internally if this is recommended way to perform this use case.

Level 2

According to this link Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) API   should be good I can use method POST for /crx/packmgr/update.jsp but I face 404  when method get works fine

Level 10

Yes, I also noticed  '/crx/packmgr/update.jsp' doesn't work for 6.4

Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) API​ is an old swagger link for OAK 1.2+ which still works in AEM 6.1

6.3 and 6.4 docs, Using cURL with AEM, do not mention about this use case. I'm not sure if updating filters is still supported. Probably something for Scott/team to comment on.

Level 2

I can update only with method GET however sometimes I run into 414 error, it happens cuz url too long I pass to many roots to update.I changed method GET to POST which doesn't work I get 404 error.

Level 10

I am not sure this is still supported in same way. I will check with the team.

Level 10

I checked the crx code and found that the update.jsp code is still present in 6.4

Then I debugged and was able to make it work via POSTMAN using 'login-token' cookie of admin credentials

Both GET and POST calls work fine.

http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/update.jsp?groupName=my_packages&packageName=test&version=1.0&char...

Try with a restclient using cookie or interceptor to rule out access related issues.

Level 2

I see the same for me  it worked via POSTMAN, I'll try it for my scripts.

Level 2

Hi, Can you please us more details on using POSTPAM scripts for /crx/packmgr/update.jsp?

Level 2

gauravb41175071Can you please us more details on using POSTPAM scripts for /crx/packmgr/update.jsp API and how to use the login-token cookie?

Level 10

Are you trying to update package details like name, description, group from external application. Make sure to provide login-token or authenticate with repository

More details will be helpful.

Level 2

I do provide login credential (login, password).I  try to send this dictionary

params_aempage = {

'groupName': group_name,

'packageName': package_aempage,

'path': '/etc/packages/{0}/{1}.zip'.format(group_name, package_aempage),

'filter': json.dumps(cq_list),

'_charset_': 'utf-8'

}

it works with method get if the dictionary is small but does not  work if the dictionary is huge.I change method get to post and I get 404.