Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Creating Experience Fragment

Level 2

I followed Experience Fragments link to create experience fragment. But I don't see Properties.............First Variant on top while creating it, instead I see Template.......Properties. Why is that change? Also please explain how to create variants(version as page versions in aem) and custom template for creating experience fragment.

Adding screenshot for reference.

xf1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you want to create your own template type and from new template type to templates then check below

Page Templates - Editable

AEM Developer Learning : Dynamic (Editable) Templates in AEM 6.3 : Part-1

You can take reference of we-retail experience fragment templates in case of any issue /conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/templates/experience-fragment-web-variation

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

I have checked Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using AEM Experience Fragments link. There also they have same thing. So it seems no problem with that.

But can you please explain how to create template for experience fragment.

Appreciate you help.

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

Hello,

You can use template Editor to create templates for XF.

Have you checked Creating Page Templates ?

Regards,

Vishu

Level 3

Hi,

1.you can create your own editable template under configuration browser option listed in general option of tools in touch ui console,

one can also view the save under /conf folder of crx/de.

2.After creating the template you need to add the path of editable template under /content/experiencefragments of allowed path property for it to be visible in above shown screenshot.

3.after creating experience fragment you can create variations using open properties tab and it will be of cq:page type only.

Hope this helps.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you want to create your own template type and from new template type to templates then check below

Page Templates - Editable

AEM Developer Learning : Dynamic (Editable) Templates in AEM 6.3 : Part-1

You can take reference of we-retail experience fragment templates in case of any issue /conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/templates/experience-fragment-web-variation

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks for your reply!

With this, when we add experience fragment in our page, it is showing publish view(of experience fragment) in my page though page is in edit mode.

Level 2

Is there any way that we can get what all components we have in experience fragment when used on the actual page?

Community Advisor

Hi,

To check for any particular page you can simply add ?debug=layout at the end of URL.

But you want something report kind of things then you need to create utility which will do a search using JCR Query languages like SQL2, Path etc.

Arun Patidar