Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

creating a new workflow by using the existing workflow- Modifications not Saved

Level 5
Level 5

Hi I am creating a new workflow by using the existing workflow(i.e. By copying the existing workflow under “ /etc/workflow/models/ “) But when I do this the newly created workflow is not saved for any future modifications. Observed that the newly created workflow is having a version as “ jcr:rootVersion ” and also the model is having the “ jcr:predecessors ” property of Type “ Reference[] ” is having a value as shown in below screenshot. Can’t we reuse the existing models in the way which I am trying? Or How to restrict the reference value ?

[img]workflow1.jpg[/img]

http://host:port/libs/cq/workflow/content/console.html

[img]workflow2.jpg[/img]

Workflow: [img]workflow3.jpg[/img]

Newly created workflow Node with jcr:predecessors : [img]workflow4.jpg[/img]

Existing Workflow Node : [img]workflow5.jpg[/img]

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

When you copy the workflow model (in crxde?) do not copy the model node, only the cq:Page node.

ie:  either do not copy, or delete the following node:

.../sample-workflow123/jcr:content/model

This should be re-created when you hit save next time.

Will

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

When you copy the workflow model (in crxde?) do not copy the model node, only the cq:Page node.

ie:  either do not copy, or delete the following node:

.../sample-workflow123/jcr:content/model

This should be re-created when you hit save next time.

Will

Level 5
Level 5

Thanks Will, the suggestion got worked. But still the problem i can see is that the "Save" button is always enabled ( generally after modifications once saved that button will go to disabled stage until any more modifications are there in workflow ) and also i have observed that the version number is not changed when ever the modifications are done.

[img]workflow1.jpg[/img]

[img]workflow2.jpg[/img]

Thanks,

Var

Level 10

Var wrote...

Thanks Will, the suggestion got worked. But still the problem i can see is that the "Save" button is always enabled ( generally after modifications once saved that button will go to disabled stage until any more modifications are there in workflow ) and also i have observed that the version number is not changed when ever the modifications are done.

Thanks,

Var

Each time you refresh the workflow model save button will be enabled and you can verify in new models. It is not introduced because of copying existing model. It is bug.

Level 5
Level 5

Sham HC wrote...

Var wrote...

Thanks,

Var

Each time you refresh the workflow model save button will be enabled and you can verify in new models. It is not introduced because of copying existing model. It is bug.

Yes Sham, But still i can see that the version number of the newly created workflow is not modified after saving the changes done. Is this a bug or any changes i am missing.?

Employee

Hi,

I played around a bit more, and I think all you need to do is copy the entire node for the model, open the newly copied model in the editor and make a change somewhere (change the title of a step?) and then hit the save button.  When I did this the version went to 1.0 and the references were cleared.

Hope this helps,

Will

Level 5
Level 5

Will McGauley wrote...

Hi,

I played around a bit more, and I think all you need to do is copy the entire node for the model, open the newly copied model in the editor and make a change somewhere (change the title of a step?) and then hit the save button.  When I did this the version went to 1.0 and the references were cleared.

Hope this helps,

Will

Will,

I am able to see the version of 1.0 but problem is for further modifications the version is not getting changed like 1.1 , 1.2, etc

[img]workflowversion.JPG[/img]