Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

create package for system user along with permissions in AEM 6.2

Level 3

I have created a system user as readuser and gave read permissions on content folder.

I was trying to create a package of the users along with permissions through ACLs.

I just want that particular user's permissions but all the user's permissions are coming in the package.

How can I create a package so that only the permissions of that particular system user are coming?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

generally permissions for any user is saved under /home/users

when creating package for your use case make sure you select correct nodes and exclude there /rep:policy

Pls find sample screen shot

1338668_pastedImage_4.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

When you select AEM users in a package- you should also get permissions for those users. Here is a good community article that explains: Copy Users, Groups, Permissions (ACLs) between Adobe CQ Instances - Software Development, Product to... 

Level 3

Hi,

I need to create package only for specific set of users and not for all users present in environment.

When i try to create a ACLPackager for suppose /content it creates package with rep policy for all other users as well.

I want it to be user specific.

eg: I have 5 users A, B, C, D and E.

i want to copy permissions only for A and B.

Currently the rep policy package getting created has allow and deny nodes for other users as well.

Correct answer by
Level 6

generally permissions for any user is saved under /home/users

when creating package for your use case make sure you select correct nodes and exclude there /rep:policy

Pls find sample screen shot

1338668_pastedImage_4.png