Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create Custom AEM Menu Tools with Granite UI Shell | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Create Custom AEM Menu Tools with Granite UI Shell by Viraj Rane

Abstract

Hello Friend! Have you ever wanted to build your custom menus under AEM Tools like ACS AEM Commons or Tools, then this story is for you!
Here, I have developed a XLS/XLSX to JSON Converter tool which converts Excel file to a JSON and stores in JCR.

Code will be available at https://github.com/vsr061/aem-excel-to-json

In this tutorial we will learn about two major concepts which get used while customizing AEM
1. Sling Resource Merger
2. Granite UI
So, let’s get started.

Sling Resource Merger
The Sling Resource Merger provides services to access and merge resources. It provides diff (differencing) mechanisms for both:
1. Overlays: For overlays the resource delivered is an aggregate of the resources and properties retrieved, depending on search paths that can be defined.In a standard installation the primary defaults are /apps, /libs — so the content of /apps has a higher priority than that of /libs (i.e. it overlays it). Means if you have a same node under /apps as that of under /libs, then AEM will read the results from /apps
2. Overrides: It overrides of component dialogs for the touch-enabled UI (cq:dialog), using the resource type hierarchy (by means of the property sling:resourceSuperType).

Read Full Blog

Create Custom AEM Menu Tools with Granite UI Shell

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies