Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Create and modify node inside crx using js use api

Level 1

Hello Guys im new on AEM, im using AEM 6.5, is it possible to create or modify node inside crx aem using js use api not java? i couldnt find related article on internet, can u give me some example how to do it, or maybe related article. thank you for your answer.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can try getting resource & resource resolver in js and then modify nodes.

var resourceResolver = resource.getResourceResolver();

Also, you can check below for additional info:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-htl/using/htl/use-api-javascript.html?lan...

Hope this helps.

another question is, it would be easy to write backend logic at java-sling model level. What is reason you're using js use api?

thanks 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can try getting resource & resource resolver in js and then modify nodes.

var resourceResolver = resource.getResourceResolver();

Also, you can check below for additional info:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-htl/using/htl/use-api-javascript.html?lan...

Hope this helps.

another question is, it would be easy to write backend logic at java-sling model level. What is reason you're using js use api?

thanks 

Level 1

Thank you for the answer and suggestion,actually, im currently at research stage, since im not really familiar with java yet, im trying to explore is it possible or not. But if its not then maybe i have to use java.

Community Advisor

@hendrahaqq Since you are new to AEM , I would say please restrain from doing node manipulation using JS ( though I am not sure if you can do it as I have never tried it myself). The right way to do any kind of node manipulation is to use service users in your backend Java. 

Level 1

Thank you for the answer and suggestion, actually, im currently at research stage, since im not really familiar with java yet, im trying to explore is it possible or not. But if its not then maybe i have to use java.

Employee Advisor

With "Use API" you are probably referring to HTL scripts from which you reference these javascript scriptlets. And that means that this execution most likely should happen during the page rendering.

Basically that's probably, but you need to make sure that the user has enough permissions to write to the repository at the correct location. And for anonymous users that's definitely never the case.

Level 1

Thank you for the answer,actually, im currently at research stage, im trying to explore, is it possible or not.