Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create a new template type but the structure are initial are not copied in the template

Level 1

Hi all I created a new template type in a proyect that use aem 6.5. with a new initial content and structure. In the structure of the template type I added a experience fragment header and footer and put a container.

I created a new template that use this template type and has an structure and initial content only with a jcr:content node. I thinked that the new template inherit the structure and the initial content from the template type similar to another CMS, but this behaviour didnt occur.

Somebody can help me with the inherit of the structure and initial content from the template type in my new template?

Thanks

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Please check the template structure here - https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd/tree/master/ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root/conf/wknd/... and check the templates and template-types how different components are included

If possible please add code snippets of the structure that you have. Mask names as needed.

Level 1

Yes, I saw the diferents examples but i dont understand what is the purpose of the template type, because i saw in the template type the same structure that in the template, and my question is about the inheritance of the template type.

If I need copy the same structure that the template type, the inheritance is not valid or i dont understand it.

Please can you explained me the inheritance of the template type in the template or what is the purpose of the template type?

Thanks