Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Create a new core level with the AEM Core WCM

Level 1
Hi All, I would like to check if is anyone tried to create a new core application that is same how the Core WCM works? The idea is to create a new core using latest AEM archetype and the components inside that new core will be extended to the proxy application just like how core wcm works. And also the new core will be a dependency to the proxy application same as core wcm. Than you.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would not recommend to use apps/core location for custom build.

you can try apps/org-core and do proxy from there.

Yes this is possible we did this for custom core components that we built.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you please explain a bit in a detail? Technically creating new app or subfolder within app is possible. 

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Hi,

What I'm trying to do is to have a new core components specific to our organization under apps/core/org-core this path is the same as where the app/core/wcm is located.

This new core components will be extended to other proxy application same as how the core/wcm components extended.

I would like to check if anyone tried this approach to have the new core component inside /apps/core folder and make it a maven dependency to other proxy application?

Thank you

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would not recommend to use apps/core location for custom build.

you can try apps/org-core and do proxy from there.

Yes this is possible we did this for custom core components that we built.

Arun Patidar