Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Create a multi country website

Level 4

Hi,

I need to create a multi country website where content will still be in English but only certain information will be different.  E.g.

Banner on home page different
Clients serviced will be different on home page only
Remaining content will be same on home page

To achieve this what approach I have to use?

Have to create different home page for different country?
Or There can be a master home page where I can modify certain section of the page as per country selected? If yes, then how to to achieve this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Heena91 

What will be the URL structure? If it's going to be something like below:

en_us/home.html

en_ca/home.html

en_in/home.html

then you will need to create multiple copies of the page which mean you can go with the live copy approach.

Using the live copy approach you can create the master copy using the language-masters root and then rollout it to different locale.

After rollout, you can cancell inheritance of the content section which you want to modify at the specific locale level such as if you want to keep en_us and en_in banner same whereas en_ca banner different, you can break the inheritance of the banner on the en_ca page and then update the content. Remaining all content will be inherited from the language masters root path.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/introduction/msm-livecop...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Heena91 

What will be the URL structure? If it's going to be something like below:

en_us/home.html

en_ca/home.html

en_in/home.html

then you will need to create multiple copies of the page which mean you can go with the live copy approach.

Using the live copy approach you can create the master copy using the language-masters root and then rollout it to different locale.

After rollout, you can cancell inheritance of the content section which you want to modify at the specific locale level such as if you want to keep en_us and en_in banner same whereas en_ca banner different, you can break the inheritance of the banner on the en_ca page and then update the content. Remaining all content will be inherited from the language masters root path.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/introduction/msm-livecop...

Thanks!