Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ Video component works on author, not on publish

Level 4

Strange problem.

I am trying to use CQ video component to insert an mp4 video in my page.  It works fine in my author env., but it's not loading on our publish instance.  What could be the problem?

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Seems like you might not have activated the profile from author.  Try with tree activating /etc/designs/default so that your profiles configuration would be carried over to publish.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 4

As complement, I can access the targeted video directly, from the DAM.  But the player on the publish instance just won't load it.  No error in browser console.  I don't know how to debug this.

Level 7

Hi,

I'm also using "Adobe CQ, Version 5.6.0.20130125 ". But I'm able to play video both in authoring and publishing modes.Make sure that ffmpeg is configured properly and profiles has been added.

Thanks,

Arya

Correct answer by
Level 10

Seems like you might not have activated the profile from author.  Try with tree activating /etc/designs/default so that your profiles configuration would be carried over to publish.

Level 10

What version of CQ are you using?

Level 4

Is there a known problem about the component?

Level 10

I am looking into this if there is a known issue with the video component and if there is a workaround. 

Level 10

I would recommend opening a ticket for this issue. It works in author - but not in production. To open a ticket for AEM - go to this page and follow the instructions. 

http://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html

See:

[img]DAYTICKET.png[/img]