Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ TarPM Optimization TarJournal Setting

Level 1
I've been trying to adjust the default times for when the TarPM Optimization runs. I have had success with the crx.default workspace and the versioning, but only TarJournal will not seem to run at the new time.

=Settings=

(in Workspace.xml changed)

<Workspace name="crx.default" simpleLocking="true">

<PersistenceManager class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarPersistenceManager">

<param name="autoOptimizeAt" value="01:00-02:00" />

</PersistenceManager>

(in repository.xml changed)

Under: <Workspace name="${wsp.name}" simpleLocking="true">

</PersistenceManager>

Under: <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">

<PersistenceManager class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarPersistenceManager">

<param name="autoOptimizeAt" value="01:00-02:00" />

</PersistenceManager>

And finally:

<Cluster>

<Journal class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarJournal">

</PersistenceManager>

</Journal>

</Cluster>

=Settings=

=LOG=

09.08.2013 01:00:00.477 *INFO* [Tar PM Optimization] com.day.crx.persistence.tar.OptimizeThread Scheduled optimization started at 01:00:00 (schedule: 01:00:00-02:00:00) for /crx-quickstart/./repository/workspaces/crx.default

09.08.2013 01:00:00.478 *INFO* [Tar PM Optimization] com.day.crx.persistence.tar.OptimizeThread Scheduled optimization started at 01:00:00 (schedule: 01:00:00-02:00:00) for /crx-quickstart/./repository/version

09.08.2013 02:00:00.199 *INFO* [Tar PM Optimization] com.day.crx.persistence.tar.OptimizeThread Scheduled optimization started at 02:00:00 (schedule: 02:00:00-05:00:00) for /crx-quickstart/repository/tarJournal

=LOG=

I have looked at various documents but I can't find anything that mentions where to change the settings for the TarJournal. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8
6 Replies

Level 1

I have the same issue. The following parameters does not mention when to schedule tarJournal opt, ie the "autoOptimizeAt" flage is missing for tarJournal. How can I schedule tarJournal opt

<Cluster syncDelay="5000">
  <Journal class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarJournal">
    <param name="sharedPath" value="/cq/crx-quickstart/repository/shared" />
    <param name="maximumSize" value="104857600" />
    <param name="maximumAge" value="" />
    <param name="maximumFiles" value="0" />
    <param name="portList" value="" />
    <param name="bindAddress" value="" />
    <param name="connectTimeout" value="2000" />
    <param name="socketTimeout" value="60000" />
    <param name="operationTimeout" value="30000" />
    <param name="becomeMasterOnTimeout" value="false" />
  </Journal>
</Cluster>

Correct answer by
Level 8

Level 1

None of the links provided mentions anything about when to schedule tarJournal. Can you let me know if its possible to schedule tarJournal opt, if yes how can I do that.

Level 8

Hi,

See this section: http://dev.day.com/docs/en/crx/current/administering/persistence_managers.html#Configuring%20the%20T... for the following config element, and the autoOptimizeAt attribute:

<PersistenceManager class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarPersistenceManager"> <param name="maxFileSize" value="256"/> <param name="autoOptimizeAt" value="2:00-5:00"/> <param name="bindAddress" value=""/> <param name="portList" value=""/> <param name="lockClass" value="com.day.crx.util.NativeFileLock"/> <param name="lockTimeout" value="0"/> <param name="fileMode" value="rw"/> <param name="optimizeSleep" value="1"/> <param name="maxIndexBuffer" value="32"/> </PersistenceManager>

scott

Level 7

I don't think you can configure a separate maintenance window for the optimization of the Tar Journal.

For the "crx.default" workspace, and the "version" workspace you can.

Former Community Member

JayanKandathil wrote...

I don't think you can configure a separate maintenance window for the optimization of the Tar Journal.

For the "crx.default" workspace, and the "version" workspace you can.

I would like the answer to this as well.  If you set the "autoOptimizeAt" parameter in repository.xml and workspace.xml everyplace you can, you will see tarJournal optimization still run from 2AM-5AM.  Can anyone confirm or deny if this can be changed?