Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

CQ TarPM Optimization TarJournal Setting

Level 1
I've been trying to adjust the default times for when the TarPM Optimization runs. I have had success with the crx.default workspace and the versioning, but only TarJournal will not seem to run at the new time.

=Settings=

(in Workspace.xml changed)

<Workspace name="crx.default" simpleLocking="true">

<PersistenceManager class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarPersistenceManager">

<param name="autoOptimizeAt" value="01:00-02:00" />

</PersistenceManager>

(in repository.xml changed)

Under: <Workspace name="${wsp.name}" simpleLocking="true">

</PersistenceManager>

Under: <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">

<PersistenceManager class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarPersistenceManager">

<param name="autoOptimizeAt" value="01:00-02:00" />

</PersistenceManager>

And finally:

<Cluster>

<Journal class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarJournal">

</PersistenceManager>

</Journal>

</Cluster>

=Settings=

=LOG=

09.08.2013 01:00:00.477 *INFO* [Tar PM Optimization] com.day.crx.persistence.tar.OptimizeThread Scheduled optimization started at 01:00:00 (schedule: 01:00:00-02:00:00) for /crx-quickstart/./repository/workspaces/crx.default

09.08.2013 01:00:00.478 *INFO* [Tar PM Optimization] com.day.crx.persistence.tar.OptimizeThread Scheduled optimization started at 01:00:00 (schedule: 01:00:00-02:00:00) for /crx-quickstart/./repository/version

09.08.2013 02:00:00.199 *INFO* [Tar PM Optimization] com.day.crx.persistence.tar.OptimizeThread Scheduled optimization started at 02:00:00 (schedule: 02:00:00-05:00:00) for /crx-quickstart/repository/tarJournal

=LOG=

I have looked at various documents but I can't find anything that mentions where to change the settings for the TarJournal. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8
6 Replies

Level 1

I have the same issue. The following parameters does not mention when to schedule tarJournal opt, ie the "autoOptimizeAt" flage is missing for tarJournal. How can I schedule tarJournal opt

<Cluster syncDelay="5000">
  <Journal class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarJournal">
    <param name="sharedPath" value="/cq/crx-quickstart/repository/shared" />
    <param name="maximumSize" value="104857600" />
    <param name="maximumAge" value="" />
    <param name="maximumFiles" value="0" />
    <param name="portList" value="" />
    <param name="bindAddress" value="" />
    <param name="connectTimeout" value="2000" />
    <param name="socketTimeout" value="60000" />
    <param name="operationTimeout" value="30000" />
    <param name="becomeMasterOnTimeout" value="false" />
  </Journal>
</Cluster>

Correct answer by
Level 8

Level 1

None of the links provided mentions anything about when to schedule tarJournal. Can you let me know if its possible to schedule tarJournal opt, if yes how can I do that.

Level 8

Hi,

See this section: http://dev.day.com/docs/en/crx/current/administering/persistence_managers.html#Configuring%20the%20T... for the following config element, and the autoOptimizeAt attribute:

<PersistenceManager class="com.day.crx.persistence.tar.TarPersistenceManager"> <param name="maxFileSize" value="256"/> <param name="autoOptimizeAt" value="2:00-5:00"/> <param name="bindAddress" value=""/> <param name="portList" value=""/> <param name="lockClass" value="com.day.crx.util.NativeFileLock"/> <param name="lockTimeout" value="0"/> <param name="fileMode" value="rw"/> <param name="optimizeSleep" value="1"/> <param name="maxIndexBuffer" value="32"/> </PersistenceManager>

scott

Level 7

I don't think you can configure a separate maintenance window for the optimization of the Tar Journal.

For the "crx.default" workspace, and the "version" workspace you can.

Former Community Member

JayanKandathil wrote...

I don't think you can configure a separate maintenance window for the optimization of the Tar Journal.

For the "crx.default" workspace, and the "version" workspace you can.

I would like the answer to this as well.  If you set the "autoOptimizeAt" parameter in repository.xml and workspace.xml everyplace you can, you will see tarJournal optimization still run from 2AM-5AM.  Can anyone confirm or deny if this can be changed?