Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ server lift and shift from Rack Space to AWS

Former Community Member

Hi All , 

Thanks in advance , 

I am novice to AEM , We have CQ 5.4 hosted on RackSpace running on  RHEL 5.8 . Now we are planning to do a lift and sift kind of operation from RackSpace to AWS  with the same env setup.

Can any one please guide or provide pointer to the steps  that I need to actually pay attention for such kind of migrations. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Naveen,

If you are planning to use the same OS, then you can simply create an archive of your current repo (e.g. zip file) and transfer it to your new server, check all the environment variables have been setup correctly, configure your start service and restart the instance. You will have to reconfigure your replication agents to point to the new servers hosting the publish instances. It's the integrations etc that will need to be tested and reconfigured.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Naveen,

If you are planning to use the same OS, then you can simply create an archive of your current repo (e.g. zip file) and transfer it to your new server, check all the environment variables have been setup correctly, configure your start service and restart the instance. You will have to reconfigure your replication agents to point to the new servers hosting the publish instances. It's the integrations etc that will need to be tested and reconfigured.

Regards,

Opkar

Former Community Member

Thanks Opkar , I will include them to the list . 

Former Community Member

Hi Opkar,

Currently I have 3 publish instances and I want to make it available on  a  4th  instances,  Now , can we take an  AMI ( amazon machine image ) and create a new 4th publish instance. If I could able to do this do I need to check for any configuration changes apart from the replication agent conf changes. Does duplicating the system.id file (under the crx-quickstart folder) creates any hiccups.

Regards

NavinKumar