Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

cq:lastReplicated not found in AEM 6.2 publisher page

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

We have migrated from AEM 5.6 to 6.2 recently. We have now found that, the page property 'cq:lastReplicated' is missing from the page properties in Publish server.

From some of the posts I understood that its a design change in AEM 6.2 so we need to disable the component: com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicationPropertiesFilterFactory' in Author in order to carry over this property to Publisher.

However I couldn't found this property in AEM author system console. Can anyone let me know is the component is really missing or was i looking for incorrect component?

Appreciate your support!

Thanks,

Sak

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi

cq:lastReplicationAction, cq:lastreplicated and cq:lastReplicatedBy properties are not carried over to publish by design. In order to carry over these properties disable the below component in author instance com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicationPropertiesFilterFactory

http://localhost:4502/system/console/components

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 3.56.00 PM.png

However, this component gets enabled whenever the server restarts. To make it not getting enabled on Server restart                  add component is below config From OSGi config manager

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 10.29.06 AM.png

similar thread Permanently disable ReplicationPropertiesFilterFactory  

Thank

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi

cq:lastReplicationAction, cq:lastreplicated and cq:lastReplicatedBy properties are not carried over to publish by design. In order to carry over these properties disable the below component in author instance com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicationPropertiesFilterFactory

http://localhost:4502/system/console/components

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 3.56.00 PM.png

However, this component gets enabled whenever the server restarts. To make it not getting enabled on Server restart                  add component is below config From OSGi config manager

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 10.29.06 AM.png

similar thread Permanently disable ReplicationPropertiesFilterFactory  

Thank

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks for the quick response Arun.

May i know why Adobe is controlling carry over of 'cq:lastModified' property by default on replication?

Appreciate if you could provide an official documentation on this.

Thanks,

Kishore

Community Advisor

Hi,

On publisher these properties are redundant.

cq:lastmodified on publisher captured same info like q:lastreplicatied

cq:lastmodifiedBy on publisher captured same info like q:lastreplicatiedBy

having cq:lastReplicationAction on publisher make no sense.

Let me find documentation and let you know.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Can anyone clarify me the difference between lastModified vs lastReplicated. I see both have different timestamps on publish.

Community Advisor

Hi,

There is no rules like cq:lastReplicated and cq:lastModified would have the same timestamp.

cq:lastReplicated - The date the page was last replicated.

cq:lastModified - Date the page (or its paragraphs) was last modified.

There may be latency between last replication timestamp and the time same update on publisher(s).

It is not necessary that cq:lastModified should be same as cq::lastreplication,

cq:lastModified on publisher could be nearer to cq:lastmodified on author

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

I understand the 'cq:lastModified' is being updated on each push. However i am not sure whether we can consider 'cq:lastModified' for search engine (google sitemap) crawling. Anyone has thoughts on this?

Level 2

Anyone has thoughts on this? Can we consider 'cq:lastModified' for search crawling?