Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

[CQ Designs]: Not able to apply the designs on the existing CQ page

Level 2

Hi,

I have created the web page on CQ5.6.1 and applying design on my webpage from the Page Properties tab in Sidekick. I have created a new design in /etc/designs. And in that design folder I have images folder and a static.css.

But the design is not getting reflected on the corresponding page. I have also verified the cq:designPath property on the jcr:content node of the web page and it is set correctly

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks in Advance.

-Ankit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you are extending from foundation/components/page - add <cq:include script="headlibs.jsp/> a better way would be to use <cq:include script="head.jsp"/>

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Have you followed the AEM Design docs here:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/howto/website.html#Setting up the Design

Did you get this working -- if so - what is the difference between what was laid out in this AEM topic and what you are doing? 

Level 2

Hi Scott, 

Thanks for the response. Yes I have followed all the steps mentioned in the document. It is not working. In the document it has been asked to set the property on the jcr:content node of webpage as mentioned below:

Name: cq:designPath

Type: String

Value: /etc/designs/mywebsite

But I am choosing the design path from "Page Properties" tab in Sidekick. It also sets the same property on jcr:content node of webpage. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you are extending from foundation/components/page - add <cq:include script="headlibs.jsp/> a better way would be to use <cq:include script="head.jsp"/>

Level 2

ZeDor wrote...

Thanks a lot ZeDor. It solved my issue. :)

Level 1

ZeDor wrote...

In AEM 6.1 Version I got the same Problem with designs not applying for the Page when Page Component extended from "foundation/components/page". In sightly I resolved by including "<div data-sly-include = "head.html"></div>" in body.html.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Level 4

I finally got this working by creating a "Page" instead of a folder inside of Tools >> Designs >> New >> New Page >> mywebsite.

It was not working because i had created a "New Folder" instead of "New Page".