Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ-DAM-Handler-Gibson Font Manager Service: Is it possible to include fonts under /apps?

Level 2

Hi, I'm trying to create config.author to enable printing CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) fonts in Assets annotation comments. AEM as a Cloud SDK version I'm using is from 2020 December.

I know that we can set fonts easily by putting font files under crx-quickstart/fonts, but I'm not sure if we can include fonts stored under /apps/<myproject>. I need to create config.author and make it go through the CICD pipeline in Cloud Manager. Is it possible? Any ideas how to do it?

Here's the node structure under /apps/<myproject> in my environment:

akaria_0-1609918652498.png

Properties for "com.day.cq.dam.handler.gibson.fontmanager.impl.FontManagerServiceImpl":

akaria_1-1609918780391.png

Properties for "com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.annotation.pdf.AnnotationPdfConfig":

akaria_2-1609918913451.png

I restarted my AEM instance but still not working...

Thanks in advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this will not work. font should be present inside file system

https://mozzvinod.medium.com/installing-custom-fonts-into-aem-gibson-font-manager-6427588fc005

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this will not work. font should be present inside file system

https://mozzvinod.medium.com/installing-custom-fonts-into-aem-gibson-font-manager-6427588fc005

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Arun,

Ok, I understand it's not possible to store font files inside CRXDE.

Adding the path to system font library worked, thanks!

Level 4

Hi @arunpatidar ,
I have followed the link and I have added system fonts.
I can see the name of my font in com.day.cq.dam.handler.gibson.fontmanager.impl.FontManagerServiceImpl logs.
But I am unable to find it while editing font-family in Forms theme.
I also tried adding custom font name in

Adaptive Form and Interactive Communication Web Channel Theme Configuration.name

config and the custom font appears in the list but the style is Times New Roman.