Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

CQ 5.5 configuration of workflow step with timeout handler

Former Community Member

Hi!

I'm using CQ 5.5 and want to create a workflow model. On a certain step the workflow instance just should wait a defined time and after timeout go to next step. I used an out of the box Process Step, set a timeout of 30 seconds (I overwrote the dialog options) and selected Auto Advancer as Timeout Handler. On the second tab I choose the No Operation script. Do I have to select the Handler Advance checkbox? If I do that, the workflow moves immediately to the next step, if I don't do that, nothing happens, also not after 30 seconds.

Is it wrong to use timeout and timeout handler for that? Or how do I have to configure the step?

Thanks for your help!

Anne-Kathrin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
  1. Selecting Handler Advance checkbox will move immediately and you should not check it. 
  2. It should work without selection. 
  3. Verify Timing is based on server timing & not user local system time.
  4. Please let me know
    • Is it happening on all envirnoments?
    • What is the max job queues in job event handler ?   This you can check from system console.
    • Any errors in the log

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10
  1. Selecting Handler Advance checkbox will move immediately and you should not check it. 
  2. It should work without selection. 
  3. Verify Timing is based on server timing & not user local system time.
  4. Please let me know
    • Is it happening on all envirnoments?
    • What is the max job queues in job event handler ?   This you can check from system console.
    • Any errors in the log

Former Community Member

Thank you for looking at it!

What do you mean with "2. It should work without selection"? Again the Handler Advance checkbox? Or do you mean the Process selection, where I should not select one?

1. I tried this on our customized instalation and also on a plain CQ 5.5 installation, same behaviour.
2. If I look at http://localhost:4502/system/console/events, there are 250 jobs
3. no errors in the log
4. I set a value of 30 to the timeoutMillis property of the step (selection of 1h sets 3600, so this should work if I want 30 seconds)

Thanks for your help!
Anne-Kathrin

Level 10

Hi Anne,

Did you try with the time which comes OOTB without your custom dialog options and see if you are facing the same issue.

Former Community Member

Yes, I tried it with 1h now, nothin happens.