Expand my Community achievements bar.

Could not complete Workflow Step in AEM 6.2

Level 2

I have created a workflow in AEM 6.2 where I am having a AND split, which is having 2 branches, each branch is having a dialog participant step. Workflow looks like below:

1278594_pastedImage_1.png

In dialog participant step, I have created a dialog which is having a dropdown field added.

1278595_pastedImage_3.png

When I am running this workflow on a page, I am able to complete mcr branch but when I am completing other branch [brand], I am getting error as “Could not complete workflow” and control does not go to qc step the last one. Can someone please help on how to resolve the issue.

1278596_pastedImage_4.png

15 Replies

Level 10

What messages are you seeing in the log message.

Community Advisor

Please provide the logs. This should have something to do with the custom process you have created.

Level 2

Hi,

We are getting following error for second user in inbox when they are completing workflow. But it's posting values to payload node and it's not going next step (QC). Issue also exist in 6.3 version also.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid name: jcr:conent/status

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.state.AbstractNodeState.checkValidName(AbstractNodeState.java:61)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.memory.MemoryNodeBuilder.getChildNode(MemoryNodeBuilder.java:330)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.core.SecureNodeBuilder.<init>(SecureNodeBuilder.java:116)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.core.SecureNodeBuilder.getChildNode(SecureNodeBuilder.java:329)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.core.MutableTree.createChild(MutableTree.java:92)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.core.MutableTree.createChild(MutableTree.java:37)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.tree.impl.AbstractTree.getChild(AbstractTree.java:240)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.core.MutableTree.getChild(MutableTree.java:161)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.NodeDelegate.findMatchingPropertyDefinition(NodeDelegate.java:600)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.NodeDelegate.setProperty(NodeDelegate.java:519)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl$35.perform(NodeImpl.java:1376)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl$35.perform(NodeImpl.java:1364)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.perform(SessionDelegate.java:208)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.ItemImpl.perform(ItemImpl.java:112)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl.internalSetProperty(NodeImpl.java:1364)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl.setProperty(NodeImpl.java:434)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.jcr.WorkflowManager.archiveWorkItem(WorkflowManager.java:670)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.jcr.WorkflowManager.archiveWorkItem(WorkflowManager.java:613)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.advance.EndNodeHandler.doTransition(EndNodeHandler.java:129)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.advance.AndJoinNodeHandler.doTransition(AndJoinNodeHandler.java:125)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.advance.AdvanceUtil.transitionFrom(AdvanceUtil.java:131)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.WorkflowSessionImpl.completeInternal(WorkflowSessionImpl.java:1058)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.WorkflowSessionImpl.complete(WorkflowSessionImpl.java:1032)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.console.servlet.InboxServlet.findRouteAndAdvance(InboxServlet.java:395)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.console.servlet.InboxServlet.advance(InboxServlet.java:377)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.console.servlet.InboxServlet.advance(InboxServlet.java:367)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.console.servlet.InboxServlet.doPost(InboxServlet.java:235)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:149)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:346)

Thanks

Rajesh

Level 10

Its stating there is an invalid name. DO you have an idea on what name that is used in the workflow that it is complaining about.

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for responding. The name " jcr:conent/status" used in dialog which is referred in dialog participant step which has options like "Approve", "Approve with comments" etc. based on status selected by reviewer it need to post status to payload node.

Below are the actual status rendering from child dialog referred in dialogparticipent step in workflow.

1279517_pastedImage_3.png

We can reproduce this by adding dialog participant step in "And Split" component provide text field or drop down options in dialog to select by reviewer.

Thanks

Rajesh

Level 10

If you do not have the split - does the error occur?

Level 2

No, It's only throwing for And split. But we need  "And Split" for parallel review.

Level 10

Eng stated:

He needs to confirm that he’s on the latest SP and CFP and try again.  If it still has problems he should contact support.

We re-worked how some of this works, need to make sure he’s on the “latest code” before moving forward.

Level 2

I am trying to install AEM-6.2-Service-Pack-1-6.2.zip but it's looking for adobe/cq620/hotfix:cq-6.2.0-hotfix-12785:7.0 1279533_pastedImage_0.png

I am also trying to find hotfix-12785 in AEM 6.2 hotfixes  but I didn't find in this page. Could you please point me the right URL.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Rajesh

Level 10

See AEM 6.2 hotfixes

Also - consider opening a ticket so support can investigate and make sure you have all the fixes you need for this use case.

Level 2

Sure, I will open support ticket, I just want to let you know that I installed following packages and still same issue:

1. cq-6.2.0-hotfix-12785-7.0
  2. AEM-6.2-SP1-CFP6-6.0
  3. AEM-6.2-Service-Pack-1-6.2.SP1

regards

Rajesh Karka

Level 2

The workaround for this to add "Go To Step" without any configuration that push workflow to "JOIN Split". Then it goes to next step after and split.

Level 1

I am facing the same issue on 6.3 SP1 as well.
Can you please elaborate on the workaround?

Level 2

1279518_pastedImage_0.png

The name which is used in dialog is throwing for second user not for first user. It's actually posting value to payload node.

1279519_pastedImage_1.png