Expand my Community achievements bar.

Corrupt DAM Asset

Level 4

Hi All,

Yesterday we tried uploading an updated version of an already existing document in our DAM. 

When the new version was created it corrupted the file and it is now unusable. Opens blank etc.

The new version of this document that we uploaded appears fine if we upload it to a different path with the same file name or at the same path as the original with a different file name. I could also create a version in UAT on top of the old version there with no issue. 

When we delete the old document AEM seems to hold a version of it in memory that it keeps restoring every time we try and just upload the new version which then corrupts it.

Is there a way to clear the memory that AEM is holding for this particular document?

Kindest Regards,

6 Replies

Level 1

Hey @RooRue,

If you are using AEM on-prem/ AMS you can invalidate AEM cache via the below URL-

localhost:4502/libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.rebuild.html?back=true

Level 4

I did try this one before posting my question. Unfortunately, no luck  

Community Advisor

I'm not being funny, but try restarting AEM. 

Community Advisor

@RooRue If Asset is still linking to its old version, can you please try purging older versions and see if it helps.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/deploying/configuring/monitoring-and-m...

Level 4

Hi Sachin, 

We are using AEM as a cloud service - I don't see 'operations' in the tools menu :(.

Seems super odd that I can't actively manage my assets data through the UI zzzz

Community Advisor

Hello @RooRue 

It might not be an issue with the Asset/Version, rather just a cache gone wrong somewhere.

Can you please try following?

1. Unpublish the file from author( to delete from publish)
  2. Delete from author
  3. Delete the file from Dispatcher
  4. If CDN is also involved. Wait for it to clear the cache or explicitly clear it
  5. Upload the asset, and access it directly via Incognito mode
  6. If it looks fine, access it on a page. If you notice issue on page, just delete the page cache as well on dispatcher/CDN. Use incognito to access this page (it might an issue with the image URL in page)

Aanchal Sikka