Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Coral Or granite UI ? Which one to follow while creating Touch UI dialogs ?

Level 2

Hi All,

In libs we have provision to create touch UI dialog by using Coral(/libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield) or granite(/libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield) fields. Our /apps/core/wcm/components is developed using coral UI fields. Does it mean adobe support coral over granite ? Will there be any issue if I develop my components using granite UI ?

I have read in the below link that granite UI components were created using the coral elements

Concepts of the AEM Touch-Enabled UI

Regards,

/S.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Components under /libs/granite/ui/components/foundation are based on Coral 2 and components under /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation are based on Coral 3. Prefer using the Coral 3 components.

Migration Guide to CoralUI 3-based — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Components under /libs/granite/ui/components/foundation are based on Coral 2 and components under /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation are based on Coral 3. Prefer using the Coral 3 components.

Migration Guide to CoralUI 3-based — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

Former Community Member
  • Coral UI (CUI) an implementation of Adobe's visual style for the touch-enabled UI. Coral UI provides everything your product / project / web application needs to adopt the UI visual style.

• Granite UI components are built with Coral UI.

The basic principles of the touch-enabled UI are:

• Mobile first (with desktop in mind)
  • Responsive design
  • Context relevant display
  • Reusable
  • Include embedded reference documentation
  • Include embedded tests
  • Bottom-up design to ensure these principles are applied to every element and component

Former Community Member

Granite

Granite is Adobe's Open Web stack, providing various components including:

• An application launcher
  • An OSGi framework into which everything is deployed
  • A number of OSGi compendium services to support building applications
  • A comprehensive Logging Framework providing various logging APIs
  • The CRX Repository implementation of the JCR API Specification
  • The Apache Sling Web Framework
  • Additional parts of the current CRX product