Highlighted

ContextHub.console is not a function error in AEM 6.5

swetap37476554

24-07-2019

Hi,

We are trying to set up Context Hub in 6.5 and getting an error "Uncaught TypeError: ContextHub.console is not a function". Tried resolving using dependencies and changing the sling resourcetype from /libs/granite.. to granite path but its not working.

Can someone please help on the issue.

Replies

Highlighted

jbrar

Employee

25-07-2019

Try comparing nodes under the path at [1] with a working instance(Or OOTB 6.5) and check if there are any missing or extra nodes.

[1]/libs/granite/contexthub

Highlighted

lmha

Employee

25-07-2019

Hi swetap37476554,

Can you share the scenario in which the JavaScript error is thrown (share replication steps)?  Particularly, can you replicate this error thrown with the We.Retail sample content?  I referenced [1] to review the We.Retail sample content that has ContextHub already configured.

My vanilla 6.5 install showed me that ContextHub.console is not a function -- it is an object:

ContextHub

1. {Callbacks: {…}, version: "0.4.18-20190304-1526", Paths: {…}, Constants: {…}, console: {…}, …}
    1. ...
    2. console:
      1. debug: ƒ ()
      2. error: ƒ ()
      3. info: ƒ ()
      4. log: ƒ ()
      5. time: ƒ ()
      6. timeEnd: ƒ ()
      7. timeStamp: ƒ ()
      8. warn: ƒ ()
      9. __proto__: Object

I used Developer Tool to call 'ContextHub' to review the object and what is present.

Regards,

Lisa

[1] Adding ContextHub to Pages and Accessing Stores

Highlighted

Vish_dhaliwal

Employee

25-07-2019

Hello,

Please share the complete stack trace of js error - Uncaught TypeError: ContextHub.console is not a function

Regards,

Vishu

Highlighted

jbrar

Employee

25-07-2019

I am working on a similar issue and noticed this issue was caused by the syntax error at line 31. It should be :

ContextHub.console.log(ContextHub.Shared.timestamp(), '[loading] cq.contexthub - store.clientcontext-backedstore.js (clientcontext connector)');

There were extra quotes around the console."log" which was causing the issue. Try checking if that is the case here.

[1] /libs/cq/personalization/contexthub/components/stores/clientcontext-backedstore/store.clientcontext-backedstore.js