Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

contents in RTE table displays in vertical

Level 2

Good morning Sir,

Another issue about RTE component which inherit core/wcm/components/text/v2/text. and I added cq:dialog configuration for it.

When editing content in RTE, I added a table in it, and contents display in table cells horizontal. After I save the dialog, and open the dialog again, contents in table display in vertical ! please see below snapshot.

content in table.png

This issue only occurs in Chrome, it works fine in Edge.

I'm using AEM 6.4

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you create a new Maven 15 project and test the default TEXT component on a fresh instance and clear CHROME Cache - are you still seeing this? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Most likely, there is a css conflict between your code/parent container and OOB v2/text. Could you debug or engage a frontend developer to debug? It should be something related to 'width' or 'max-width' property.

Steps:

open the developer toolbar in chrome via F12 key and inspect that table element's DOM and check the Style tab to find more clues.

Level 10

I agree with Gaurav - looks like a possible CSS issue. I have never seen the behavior that you are describing when working with the RTE.

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you create a new Maven 15 project and test the default TEXT component on a fresh instance and clear CHROME Cache - are you still seeing this? 

Level 2

Hi smacdonald2008,

This issue disappeared after I removed the table content from page and created a new one.

For testing, I used the default TEXT component directly in my page,  and added Table feature, it works fine.

Then I compare the new configuration with the old one. no special is found.

Thanks!