Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content not getting rendered when using RichText

Level 6

I have created a text component and when I'm trying to enter values in it using RichText, the content is not getting rendered on the page. Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Sanjana12 Few things to note

1. Have you added name to your field ? a property name and value should start with ./

e.g      ./text

2. If you have given proper naming , then next thing is to use below syntax to see if the value is printing 

${properties.text context = 'html'}

When you enter data in the RTE , in the JCR it is stored as paragraph with HTML tags. To display it as WYSIWYG , you need to make sure the HTML tags are rendered properly. @context ='html' will help with the same

If you have done both 1 and 2 , and still it is not working, please share a sample dialog.xml and your code you are using to render the data for us to further understand you issues. Also a screen shot of how the data is saved in node will also help. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

Hi @Sanjana12 , Can you please check the HTML for RTE. There might be some issue in HTML code itself. Otherwise you can share the HTML and community can have a look.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Sanjana12 Few things to note

1. Have you added name to your field ? a property name and value should start with ./

e.g      ./text

2. If you have given proper naming , then next thing is to use below syntax to see if the value is printing 

${properties.text context = 'html'}

When you enter data in the RTE , in the JCR it is stored as paragraph with HTML tags. To display it as WYSIWYG , you need to make sure the HTML tags are rendered properly. @context ='html' will help with the same

If you have done both 1 and 2 , and still it is not working, please share a sample dialog.xml and your code you are using to render the data for us to further understand you issues. Also a screen shot of how the data is saved in node will also help.