Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content fragment references on translation

Level 2

Hello everyone, 

We are facing an issue while creating a language copy via a translation project with a page which references two different content fragments.

Scenario:

AEM 6.5.8

In Page C properties there are two references to two different content fragments.

Content Fragment A and Content Fragment B. The later references also Content Fragment A.

content-fragment-references.png

Added the following reference in the translation rules for the Content Fragment A reference:

assetNode with resource type resourceTypeC referenced as fragmentAReference

When a translation project is created, for example from en to de, and Page C is added, Page C and ContentFragment A are cloned under de and fragmentAReference in Page C properties gets updated. Working as expected.

Then add the next reference for Content Fragment B reference:

assetNode with resource type resourceTypeC referenced as fragmentBReference

Repeating the same translation process, now the previous rule for fragmentAReference is ignored.
Page C and Content Fragment B are cloned and fragmentBReference in Page C properties gets updated.

Does any one else run into this?
Is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayQ ,

Could you please raise the daycare for this issue.

Its OOTB translation framework issue.

Kr,

Sanjay

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jayQ ,

Could you please try to create translation rule as template level means you need to add your page path.

Ex:

<Node resource type =  /Content/testproject>

Content fragment translation true </nod>

Level 2

Hello @Sanjay_Bangar,

Thanks for your response

Although I'm not sure I follow, do you mean to put those rules into a specific path context?

The rules I was referring to are the following:

<assetNode assetReferenceAttribute="fragmentAReference" resourceType="resourceTypeC"/>
<assetNode assetReferenceAttribute="fragmentBReference" resourceType="resourceTypeC"/>

It doesn't look like it is possible to define them into a specific path context, it seems to be ignored.

I tried also the following, but with the same result as in the original post:

<node path="/content/testproject">
    <node resourceType="resourceTypeC">
        <property inherit="true" name="fragmentAReference" translate="true" updateDestinationLanguage="true"/>
        <property inherit="true" name="fragmentBReference" translate="true" updateDestinationLanguage="true"/>
    </node>
</node>
<assetNode assetReferenceAttribute="fragmentAReference" resourceType="resourceTypeC"/>
<assetNode assetReferenceAttribute="fragmentBReference" resourceType="resourceTypeC"/>

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayQ ,

Could you please raise the daycare for this issue.

Its OOTB translation framework issue.

Kr,

Sanjay