Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Content Fragment Models and Entity Relationships ( Headless Content )

Level 2

er-diagram.png

How do we build Complex Content Types inside of an Content Fragment that is based of a model?  Above is the example.

For Example : 

My Content Fragment needs to have a 

Image, CTA ( Button ) and bulleted list of text.

I visualize this as a complex content type that is based of 3 models.

Image is an object which has altText, image url

Button is an object that has text, link, title, opensInNewTab

My TextImage Content Fragment that contains Image and Button. I feel there is no easy way to model complex content types and they have to be flat all the time. Attaching the simple ER diagram.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sanjeevkumart45,

Content fragments are content-centric wherein content is in the form of Structured text (structured via form based elements) and image references. 

Given this, having Button (CTA) is like an experience(not to be thought of as a complex content type) and can be part of experience fragment which is composed of AEM components  (Presentation-centric)

Hi @sanjeevkumart45,

You can use Experience fragments as well for headless CMS use case. 

Please check the below link which explains the complete list of possible use cases of when an experience fragment can be used

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sanjeevkumart45,

Content fragments are content-centric wherein content is in the form of Structured text (structured via form based elements) and image references. 

Given this, having Button (CTA) is like an experience(not to be thought of as a complex content type) and can be part of experience fragment which is composed of AEM components  (Presentation-centric)

Hi @sanjeevkumart45,

Please check the below link which explains the complete list of possible use cases of when an experience fragment can be used

Level 2
Hi VijayLakshmi. Thanks for your answer. But we are looking at building a headless content Model and I believe Fragment Models are the way to go. However I am unable to build complex content types in CFM.

Community Advisor

Hi @sanjeevkumart45,

Vijayalakshmi_S_0-1599762903231.png

Level 2
Awesome, That is what I was thinking as well. This was helpful.