Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Container Component

Level 4

Hi, 

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to configure another property in the container. Right now I have layout, ID, and background color in my properties but I want to add another field that operate like my layout property. 

StrawHatM23_0-1632403148106.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

So do you want to have one more property tab OR do you want to have one more field below background color?

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 4

Hi @StrawHatM23 ,

I believe you want to have one more field as layout below the Background color. If yes, Then you can copy the layout node from crxde and copy it to the parent node of Layout node. So that new node and layout node both will be sibling. Just change the name property of the new node and it should solve the purpose.

Also, if you want to have different tabs in your container(Popertya,propertyb,propertyc) in that case you can have a structure like below:

test1.JPG

Thanks!

Level 4

In CRXDE (http://<IP>:<port>/crx/de/index.jsp)

• Go to the apps folder
  • Go to your project under apps folder
  • Below that there will be a folder for component(could be possible that you won't have in your project)
  • Select the component for which you have provided the screenshot under component folder
  • Under component open the cq:dialog node
  • iterate further below you should be able to see layout node,ID node, BackgroundColor node as sibling(you will find them at the last of iteration)

Thanks!

Level 4

Okay so now I see that I have a cq:dialog.

I would need to create one with a layout node, ID node, BackgroundColor node?

Level 4

I'm sorry I see that I don't have a cq:dialog in my container component in CRXDE.

Correct answer by
Level 4

So do you want to have one more property tab OR do you want to have one more field below background color?

Level 4

In That case just look for 3 nodes as siblings with names some what similar to layout ,ID , BackgroundColor under cq:dialog.

Copy layout node and paste it as sibling to to these 3 nodes.

You can further read this article for better understanding:https://aem.redquark.org/2018/10/day-07-creating-your-first-component-in.html

Thanks!