Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Connecting with external website

Level 1

Hello,

I am pretty much newbie in AEM atm. Working on it few months. My team requested a solution for connecting content of two websites to one database. I assume best way is to import data from AEM to both.

Here is my question, how to import from AEM some data to another site like connecting to the database from the external website.

Regards

Kamil.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

"How to import from AEM some data like connecting to the database"

AEM Supports connecting to a Database by using DataSourcePool. This is how you an pull in data from a data base and display it within an AEM page. See this article and video as an example --

Scott's Digital Community: Injecting a DataSourcePool Service into an Adobe Experience Manager OSGi ...

If you want to connect to a 3rd party Restful Web Service - you can write a service to do that - see:

Scott's Digital Community: Creating Adobe Experience Manager services that invoke third party Restfu...

AEM supports writing a custom service that can invoke a 3rd party SOAP web service:

Scott's Digital Community: Creating Adobe CQ bundles using Apache CXF that consume web services

As you can see - there are many ways in which you can get external data and display the data in AEM.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

"How to import from AEM some data like connecting to the database"

AEM Supports connecting to a Database by using DataSourcePool. This is how you an pull in data from a data base and display it within an AEM page. See this article and video as an example --

Scott's Digital Community: Injecting a DataSourcePool Service into an Adobe Experience Manager OSGi ...

If you want to connect to a 3rd party Restful Web Service - you can write a service to do that - see:

Scott's Digital Community: Creating Adobe Experience Manager services that invoke third party Restfu...

AEM supports writing a custom service that can invoke a 3rd party SOAP web service:

Scott's Digital Community: Creating Adobe CQ bundles using Apache CXF that consume web services

As you can see - there are many ways in which you can get external data and display the data in AEM.