Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Connecting AEM server remotely from the external java web application.

Level 2

Hi ,

We have requirement to use our existing java web application to create/modify nodes , templates and pages through our java web application remotely into the AEM CRX repository. Like creating /updating nodes through cURL command. Instead of using cURL commands , we are planning to write java codes to make connection with existing AEM CRX server and doing the same operation such as create/modify content in the  existing CQ pages.

We are trying to connect AEM CRX server from the J2EE web application/ otherwise traditional java servlet and not using any frameworks.

However i am getting lot of exceptions , eventhough i have included all the necessary dependency files in maven pom.xml.

Here is the link that i used as reference to connect to CRX server externally.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Programmatically Accessing Adobe Experience Manager Content using th...

Here all my questions,

is there any way that we connect AEM CRX repository through the traditional Java web application?

can we create/update existing AEM pages through remotely which means through extenal java applications ,which is running in different web app server?

Thanks

Arun

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I will test against AEM 6.2 and post back. But as I recall, you need to include the JAR in your apps class path for the connection to be successful. It will compile with POM dependency, but won't connect without adding JAR to class path.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

To connect to AEM from a Java client, you use JCR API. You need to include the Jackrabbit JARin your app class path as shown in the article. You can can create nodes, modify them, and so on via the JCR API.

Level 10

If you do not add the correct Jackrabbit JAR into your class path, you will get an exception.

Level 2

I am trying to connect AEM version 6.2 .

Which version of JCR and jackrabbit jar is preferable ?

JCR 2.0 and jackrabbit-standalone-2.6.5.jar ??

Correct answer by
Level 10

I will test against AEM 6.2 and post back. But as I recall, you need to include the JAR in your apps class path for the connection to be successful. It will compile with POM dependency, but won't connect without adding JAR to class path.

Level 2

It worked . i have added jackrabbit-standalone-2.6.5.jar into my classpath (web-int/lib) folder and now it's connecting .

Thanks Mac!!!